Friday, March 6, 2009

Nolan's Room




Nolan's room is finally finished. Many people have been asking for updated pictures, but I wanted to wait until everything was finished. There are so many people that helped to make Nolan's room so special. The wooden shelves were built by Ampies(Nolan's Great Grandfather). The tree on the shelf was made by my friend Kathryn, and the blanket hanging over the crib and the matching one on the shelf were made by the mother of one of my students. Deric made the cornice box above the window. I had decided not to use the crib bumper, since I had read that they are not really all that safe and could lead to SIDS if the baby were to roll into it. So, I was pretty sad that I would not be able to use it. Deric came up with the idea of using it for the fabric on a cornice box. I just love the room and hope that Nolan will too. At this point, he is still sleeping in our room at night, but sometimes naps in his room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great Gina!! Can't wait to see you next month and finally meet Nolan!!!

Miss ya :)

Anonymous said...

What a good idea to use the bumper as the cornice! What a smart hubbie you have. :)

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow! I love your new blog touches! What a beautiful room Nolan has!