Saturday, August 15, 2009

Primrose


Deric and I have made an exciting decision. Next Monday Nolan will start at Primrose. We have loved having Ana watch Nolan. She is wonderful and we were lucky to have found someone so loving to take care of Nolan when he was so young. Now that he is a bit older, Deric and I had discussed the possibility of getting him into a setting where he would have the opportunity to socialize with other kids.

Ana has not been feeling well lately, and so I thought I would check again on Primrose. This had been our first choice when we toured daycares when I was pregnant. They were full and the soonest Nolan could get in would be January due to the wait list. Even that was not guaranteed. She asked me about myself and after about 20 minutes told me that if I came that day, Nolan could have the open spot. I was so excited and Deric and I felt that it was meant to be! We took Nolan over on Friday to see his room(since he had not been there the first time) and he loved it. Being there made me really miss my days at Childtime. I would have worked there forever if I could have. I am so excited for Nolan and all the friends he will make! It is a really nice center with many additional programs and opportunities for parent involvement. We were told we will even have homework to review the sign language that they are teaching him....so cute!

I have added a Primrose link on our blog(right hand side) for our Illinois family and friends that may not be familiar with it.

4 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

He's going to make so many new friends and everyone will love him!

McPherson Family said...

So how did the first day go? I bet Nolan had a blast!

Liz said...

Congrats on getting in! He'll love it I'm sure.

sarahalexander said...

Yay for Nolan! I worked at the Primrose here when we first moved down. It was really nice and they have a great curriculum they follow even for babies!! He will love it. Just make sure he knows his "girl" is up here in Dallas!! :)