Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pergola Contruction Continues





Ampies came on Thursday to help Deric put up some more of the pergola. It is really looking great. I love the fences on the sides and they really make the patio seem cozy and not so open. Thank you Ampies, for working on this all day in the hot Texas sun! We plan on painting it white and putting up a removable pool screen going from the far left post to the far right post. This way we can relax and sit outside as a family without chasing Nolan or worrying that he will think that every day is good day for a swim! We certainly will take Nolan for swimming lessons and I hope that he has the desire to be a swimmer like I did as a child. But for now, this will be a great enclosed area for him to safely ride his cars and play outside with us.

2 comments:

sarahalexander said...

It looks great guys! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks =D

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow, Derek is handy! I am impressed! Looks great! It was great seeing you today, we will have to plan a time to see eachother, (at a nonschool-related function) again!