Thursday, June 17, 2010

It Was Only A Matter of Time


Today at the pool Nolan ran and jumped into the deep end. He is so so so hard to handle at the pool. I love going with him, but I have to check my pride at the door. He is so unruly and does not want me to touch him at all. If I even have my hand on his arm he swats it away or lets out a terrible scream.

He loves the water and he knows this pool well. He knows that the deep end is not for him. However, he bolted from me intent on showing me he could do it. I was right behind him and grabbed him as he was going in and we took the jump together. I held his head above the water, as if he would care if he went under, as he laughed and said, "Woa". The rest of the time he spent attempting to jump in again and when that didn't work he would throw himself under the water in the shallow end. What will I do with this crazy boy?

He loves going under the water and has no fear at all. He kept running away from me while in the water. Yes...running in the water to get to the deep part. A few times he would yank away from me so hard that he would fall and go under. He jumps back up and says, "Woa" and laughs. Hmmm, I am happy that he loves the water, but I sure was envious of the mom that sat on the steps with her toddler while she played with Nolan's toy boat for nearly an hour! Brushy creek has a swim team starting from age 5 and up. I think Nolan is ready right now!

1 comment:

Sarah and Eric said...

Yikes! Sounds a little scary! I guess those arms floaties are not tolerated by him? I had those things on and a little inner tube suit, I was NOT going under!