Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day 2010 and Swim Lessons






Mike, Sarah and Bella came down for Memorial Day weekend. We hung out Friday night and Saturday let the kids swim in the pool. My friend Vicky and her husband came over later that night. The kids loved swimming in the pool! This was Nolan's first time in the pool this year. As you can see, Mike was great at entertaining the little ones!


Today I took Nolan to his very first swim lesson. He goes to Aqua Tots and he is in the tadpole class. I don't have any pictures of that because I was in the pool with him. The class was so much fun and is held at an indoor pool. There were only two other little girls and Nolan really liked watching them. The teacher said it was so nice that all three got in the pool without crying. Nolan loves swimming and really has no fear of the water. He kept stopping to kiss and hug me though. I think maybe he was just making sure I wouldn't leave him in all the fun! He went under the water three times and did not mind. He will go to this class two times per week for the month of June. The goals of the class are floating on his back, jumping in, and kicking. They tried to teach the kids how to pull up on the side with their elbows and pull themselves out of the pool before jumping back in from their bottom. He loves the jumping in part, but did not really like all the work of pulling himself up on the side. He got to float around, pick up rings on the stairs and use his arms to moves himself around the edge of the pool.

1 comment:

Sarah and Eric said...

Aww, Aqua Tots is such a cute name, same with the Tadpoles class! I am impressed at how brave he is! Let's get together next week. I'll send an email!