Friday, June 11, 2010

Our Neighborhood Pool









We have 3 neighborhood pools and Deric and I have never been to any of them! My mom asked about our community pool yesterday and so I decided to finally check one of them out. We went to Cat Hollow Pool and we had a blast! It has a mushroom water fall that Nolan just loves. He ran right in it and loved getting splashed in the face.

Nolan has no fear and it sure takes a lot of energy to watch him at the pool! He would run off the edge and jump right in if only I would let him. He really doesn't want to be held in the pool and is already kicking and paddling his arms. He squirms pretty badly and at one point squirmed out of my arms and went right under. He pulled his head right up and laughed. He really has no fear and this sure scares me!

He was intrigued by the water slides and was very upset when I would not let him go down it. He actually can go down it if Deric comes with. It is pretty slow and kids are allowed to wear their life jackets. So, next time maybe Daddy will wait at the bottom for him and I can send him down. I am sure he would love that! I am really excited that we found something else we can do together. I didn't realize we could bring water toys and Nolan was very quick to let me know that I should never forget those again!

1 comment:

Sarah and Eric said...

What a brave little boy! I can imagine that might be a little scary for you!