Monday, July 12, 2010

New Orleans

Bourbon Street

St. Louis Cemetery #3 with above ground tombs The Mississippi River

Our Hotel

Finally home to see our big boy!

Deric and I went to New Orleans for the first time last week while his parents stayed with Nolan. It was so nice for Nolan to be able to spend time with his Gigi and Grandad. Thank you both so much for taking such good care of Nolan. New Orleans was a blast and I am so glad that we went. We drove there and stayed on Bourbon Street for 4 nights. I think that 2 or 3 nights would probably have been perfect. We had fun walking around, eating great food and relaxing. The weather was great and the fact that it was a bit overcast for the first two days was a blessing. There was no indication that the oil spill was affecting Bourbon Street. In fact there was plenty of seafood and I tried oysters for the first time. We really missed Nolan though and we were so glad to finally be home.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

Glad you guys were able to get away!