Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brushy Creek BBQ Cook Off






Last weekend Dan, Sarah and Mike came in for the draft and just in time for our neighborhood BBQ cook off. Vicky, Tom and Hannah joined us Saturday for the BBQ and then back to our house to hang out by the pool. Nolan loved "Baby Hannah" but at first thought it was our new baby. I guess he thought the new baby was being delivered to us! Eventually we convinced him that this was Vicky's baby and not his new baby brother. He wanted to sit by Hannah but was sure not to get too close at first. Then he started slowly inching toward her and staring at her. The next morning, he was very upset to find that Hannah had gone home!

The BBQ was so much fun and we will definitely go next year. We could walk from our house which was nice and it wasn't too hot. We were able to sample everything and then Nolan spent some time on the bouncy slide. This time around he was more adventurous and even tried going down on his stomach. He is very brave! Back at the house Nolan napped and woke up in time to play bags with the boys. That night we cooked out and Nolan entertained everyone with his ability to eat an endless amount of food. He had 2 hotdogs, 1/2 of a hamburger, pasta salad, pickles and chocolate trifle. He sure is a growing boy. What will we do when we have two of them?!

It was a great weekend, but I am getting so big and uncomfortable. The pain in my ribs and back is growing stronger every day. The other day Nolan and I were sitting in the recliner together and he tried pushing me over and said, "too big". I couldn't agree more!

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Aww, that is so sweet Nolan thought your friend's baby was yours! I am amazed at his appetite! I am sure you are ready to have your little one here, not much longer!!! Then the fun really starts!

kkmcdavid said...

I laughed out loud at the slide pictures! So cute!