Sunday, May 8, 2011

Team Shower


My first grade team held a little baby shower for me last week. It was really nice and super sweet since technically I shouldn't be getting a shower for baby number 2! The new baby got some new clothes of his own and Nolan already discovered the monkey hooded towel and has decided he will "share" it with the new baby.

Nolan's terrible twos seem to be calming down a little bit. He is very independent and it really helps to give him choices and allow him to try to do things on his own. For example, getting into the car is much easier if I remain patient and allow him to climb in by himself. He has stayed a great sleeper at night, however getting settled down for nap was so frustrating(for me, not him). Nolan would jump on the bed and play in his room and take every piece of clothing out of his dresser. He would entertain himself for two hours but then I was left to clean up the mess! I just couldn't figure out why he never did this at night.

Finally, I decided that it could be that it was darker at night and maybe that made it seem like time to sleep and not time to play. So, I went out and got black-out curtains. It did the trick! At least for now, he goes right to sleep just like it is nighttime. I hate to have the shades because it seems like somewhat of a sleep prop and could make it difficult for him to sleep anywhere other than his room, but I was running out of patience. I got really, really tired of putting all his clothes back into his dresser over and over. Ever since we got the black-out shades Nolan sleeps like a little teenager and often is upset to find that it is wake-up time. During the week, Deric will come open the shades to give Nolan a little to time to wake up happily. Deric said last week he opened the shades and went downstairs for a minute. He heard walking in Nolan's room and thought maybe he was up. By the time he got up there, the shades were closed and Nolan was back in his bed sleeping. He cracks me up!

1 comment:

Sarah and Eric said...

He shut his own shades, haha! Resourceful little guy, I like his style! I can imagine its annoying to have to refold all the clothes in his dresser. I would do the same thing! Hope you are feeling well!