
This picture is not great. Unfortunately, all we could see of our baby was the back of his head(the big circle to the left) We were never able to see his face or even his arms. We did see his feet and sadly they are going straight down. This means that the baby is considered footling breech and we will most likely not have a regular delivery. Due to the type of breech and the location of my placenta, I am not a candidate for an ECV (when the doctor turns the baby herself). I am pretty dissapointed about the news and have a couple of exercises that I can do at home that could possibly help him to turn. My doctor has scheduled a C-Section for Friday, July 15th, but believes that I will deliver prior to that date.
The baby is otherwise progressing nicely and is much larger than Nolan. He is already measuring 6 pounds 8 ounces by ultrasound estimate. This can be off by about a 1/2 pound and our little guy is expected to continue to grow a 1/2 pound per week. Nolan was only 6 pounds 4 ounces at birth, so it seems that his little brother isn't so little!
I am excited about his arrival and know that it doesn't matter how he gets here. I just feel pretty sad about the whole thing and I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will flip and we can have a regular birth. It was the best day of my life when I delivered Nolan and such a bonding experience for us. I am sad to not have that experience with this one and to not be the first to hold my baby. The good news is that the latest he will be here is in 3 weeks!!


1 comment:
I'm sorry he isn't cooperating at this moment, but maybe he will turn! If not, the doctors will take great care of you and your sweetie will be here soon regardless! I'm so excited for you and can't wait for your little man and Miles to become buds!
Post a Comment