Sunday, October 2, 2011

Nolan and Cort's Bathroom






I have been so excited to be staying home and have so many projects that I want to do around the house. I decided that it was time for the girly guest bathroom to become Nolan and Cort's bathroom. I have taken down wallpaper once before and it was very easy. After I pulled down the first piece using my steamer, I realized I had started something huge. It was too late to go back, I had already pulled a huge piece off and exposed the drywall down to the cardboard layer. We discovered that there were two layers of wallpaper and the first one probably had been put on without priming. Eventually we got it all down and then we had to deal with the exposed drywall. We had to seal it, then mud, then sand, then prime and paint. Starting something like this with a newborn and a two year old at home probably wasn't the best idea but now I am glad that it is done. Nolan is thrilled and tells everyone about his "new" bathroom.

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Looks great! I know it was a daunting task, but you did it! Way to go!

Mindi Tipps said...

It's really cute! Good job!