Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Update

Since most of my family is on instagram, I haven't really had as much of a need to update the blog! This is the only picture that I have taken of the boys on my regular camera since going to Chicago. We have been pretty busy with school, soccer and house projects. Nolan loves school although he has been reluctant to get out of the car at drop off. I think he gets last minute jitters but when I pick him up he wants to go back. He has made friends which makes me so happy for him. His two buddies that he talks about most often are Ganesh and Weston. I love that he is making friends and see such a big change in him since he has had more opportunities to be around big kids.

Nolan is extremely inquisitive and lately it has taken some real effort on our parts to satisfy his curiosity. We check out non-fiction books each week, but lately that hasn't been enough. The other day he said he wanted to get on the computer to look up more information about dinosaurs after Deric and I told him several times we did not know the answers to all his questions. Now, he has decided that he wants to research Egyptian mummies. For so long his learning has been all in my direct control and its really neat to see what interests him and what he wants to learn about. I would prefer that we get a little more practice in with writing our letters, so I will be sneaking that into these projects anywhere I can.

Cort has been fussy, fussy, fussy. Maybe he is teething or maybe he has separation anxiety or both. He HATES when I am in the kitchen or doing anything other than giving him direct attention. His preferred activity is for me to sit on the floor with him. He cries when I sit on the couch, go in the kitchen, or go to the bathroom. He is a wild boy and loves being outside, going to bouncy places, and pretty much walking anywhere with me. He has already started having tantrums when we have to get in the car. I don't think Nolan started that this early?

We love both of these wild and crazy boys and we are hoping for some real fall weather so we can get out there and hike an explore again!

No comments: