| Happily waiting to see the doctor unaware that this visit would require the doctor to actually touch him! |
Stats:
Height-75% 31 1/4 inches
Weight-50% 23 pounds
Overall Cort is doing really well. Dr. Travis was happy to hear that he is feeding himself all the time now. Cort was not happy to see Dr. Travis and really has extreme separation anxiety along with what our doctor calls "high maintenance". Our doctor is so great with the boys and is a perfect doctor for our little monsters. Cort began screaming as soon as he was touched. He pushed all the doctor's tools away while screaming-and I mean screaming loud! He seemed to be able to check his ears and eyes, but I am not sure how much was accomplished. After that he was holding onto me for dear life and whimpering. He would begin to scream again anytime the doctor looked at him. Yes, not touched him, but looked at him. Then came time for the shots. This part made me sad and it just confirmed his fears that something bad was going to happen.
Cort's anxiety/behavior is a daily thing. He has to always be with me or Deric. Once he grows comfortable with someone it gets better but he really doesn't like for me to go to the bathroom or sit on the couch. Why should I need to sit on the couch anyway? Ugh! At this point I'm pretty used to phases and know this one will be gone soon and some day I'll miss it. Here is a video I took today after trying to sit on the couch. I assure you I don't normally just sit and video him while he is screaming. I do something worse and give in to what he wants. Hmmm, high maintenance? How ever could that have happened?


1 comment:
Oh man, Cort you little turkey!!! Giving your momma a hard time!!!
Post a Comment