Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bye Bye Paci and Diapers


So far Nolan has been 5 days paci and diaper free! Well by diaper free I mean when we are at home and awake. He wears a diaper at nap and at night, but during the day has been doing really well with his big-boy underwear. I would put a diaper on him when we would leave the house, but now on day 5 we ventured out with our big boy underwear. We made it all the way to Target and back!! I am so proud of Nolan.

The paci has been less of a challenge than the potty training. At first we just told him that we were all done with paci. He slept through the night but asked for it the next day. So then I told him the paci was broken and that Momma had to throw it away. I felt terrible saying it, but it seemed better than him thinking it was here and that I just wouldn't give it to him. He seemed intrigued by the whole thing and tells me often "paci broken, garbage". Tomorrow I am sending him to school so that Deric and I can paint his new bedroom. I am very nervous about his potty training at school. It is hard for me to let go when he is still in the early stages. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow, I am impressed. I thought most boys were potty trained closer to three. Good for you guys! When the time comes, I am sure I will be asking you how to do it!