Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nolan's Two-Year Check Up





Nolan had his two year check up in March this year. He is doing really well. Nolan is a tad above the 50th percentile in height and weight. He weighs 29 pounds and 4 ounces and is 35 inches tall.

The only concern Dr. Travis has is the hernia above his belly button which he was born with. Dr. Travis had always told us that it would most likely go away as his stomach muscles grew. Since it has not gone away we are going to get him an ultrasound just to make sure that it harmless. Dr. Travis thinks we will most likely find that it is not a big deal and something that can be taken care of later in life if Nolan chooses. We are now just waiting on the call to schedule that test.

The big news around here is Nolan's big boy bed and new room. Nolan will be moving out of his crib and into the room across the hall. Deric and I are painting his room this week while I am off for spring break. We hope to have it ready for him by next weekend. He is such a big boy!!

I am enjoying my last few months with my old stroller. We are now shopping for a double stroller that both my boys will fit into! Unfortunately, Nolan can't walk while I push the baby in the stroller. If you have ever been with us when it is time to leave the park...then you know why!!

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Is Nolan excited about his big boy bed? I imagine that is a pretty special time for him. Will you have to get another crib or can you use Nolan's old one? How exciting!

Anonymous said...

My Phil was born with a hernia... we did get it taken care of years after we got married. We did have a beautiful girl. So I dont think there is anything to worry about..
Phil was hmmm 26 or 27 before he took care of it...Nolan is gonna be fine....no worries.... love you all <3