Poor Cort has been having trouble sleeping since about 4 weeks old. He went from sleeping too much to waking up every 20 minutes. Deric and I tried everything. He was happy when he was picked up, but unhappy when he was laying down. I would rock him until he was snoring, put him down and hear him cry out 20 minutes later. Finally, I started to let him sleep on his stomach during the day. I have to stare at the monitor constantly which is not relaxing for me at all...but he sleeps! He will sleep the full 2 hours each cycle. I can't do this at night because I need to sleep, and so we have many sleepless nights with on and off crying.
I hated the thought of going to the doctor. After all, I'm sure he would say that babies cry and not to put him on his stomach anymore. It turns out Dr. Travis said having him on his stomach is fine during the day and that he believes Cort has acid reflux. That is why he thinks he will wake up from a sound sleep when on his back and why he sneezes, gags and gets the hiccups so often. He has given us Prilosec. I hope this makes him feel better soon.
And...Cort now weighs 11 pounds 12.5 ounces. He is now wearing size 3-6 months. What a big boy! The acid reflux sure isn't slowing him down! Cort can roll over from his stomach to his back and can hold his head up pretty well at times. Cort seems much older to me than he really is.


No comments:
Post a Comment