These are our only two options as far as sleep positions if we want Cort to sleep. This means that at night, we let him sleep in the bouncer. He is so unhappy on his back and I'm sure that the burning sensation of the acid in his throat is to blame. He lets out terrible screams and his eyes get very red. It is heartbreaking not to be able to help him. Swaddling him makes him happy sometimes, while other times he acts extremely annoyed that I would even suggest taking away the use of his arms. I wish I could let him sleep on his tummy at night. Since I can't, I let him sleep in the bouncer which was suggested by our pediatrician. So far, the medicine has not kicked in. I am very concerned that I am encouraging terrible sleep habits. Not only does he sleep in the bouncer, but he is being bounced whenever he cries out. The more he cries the worse the reflux gets, so I have resorted to soothing him at every hint of fussiness. This can't be good and there will come a time when he can't sleep in the bouncer. I read online that he can't sleep on his tummy until he is 12 months old. 12 months old?!? I am actually considering letting him sleep on his tummy and getting a SIDS breathing monitor. Sleeping in the bouncer can only be a temporary fix. What else can I do?
11 years ago


2 comments:
Oh I'm sorry Gina! I hate that you are going through this. Not that I have a lot of knowledge on this subject, but I saw online a sleep positioner for kiddos with reflux. Who knows if this is any good. Some of them look ridiculously expensive, but there was one for about $80 that seemed reasonable. I'm sure you've already seen this, but thought I'd still pass it on. http://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/refluxwedgesforinfantswithacidreflux.html
Post a Comment