Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Projects

Kitchen Chairs Before
After distressing them
A neat idea I found online.  It gives a rustic, old look to a photo and only cost me $9. It looks just perfect over the tool boxes.  Don't you think?

Now that I stay at home, I get asked pretty often how I like it. Usually other moms smile and say how special this time is, but many times I get asked if I am bored. Usually this question is from well-meaning friends that don't have kids yet. I usually stand there unsure of what to say. Are you kidding? Bored? I don't remember what bored feels like. I dream of bored. I wish for bored.

That said, I still find time for projects just to keep my sanity. I try to do something in the two hours each day when the boys have the same nap time. Usually it's cleaning or laundry, but lately I have worked in some projects.   Here are my latest two. The table is still not finished, but hopefully soon. My hands are tired of sanding!

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Ohh looks great!!!! You're so good with your projects.

cassie said...

I love those sweet questions! I'm sure a lot of people wonder why my house STILL isn't spotless...hummm....it's very rewarding, but like you I dream of being "Bored." Great work on the projects!