This will probably be my favorite post. This was my first opportunity to waterfall rappell. It was an experience of a lifetime and Costa Rica will certainly not be the last time I do this. I absolutely loved it and don't think there could have been a better place to do this for the first time.
 |
| Heading to the waterfalls. It was a very bumpy ride. By now, we were used to bumpy rides! |
 |
| All geared up, not knowing what to expect. Kathy was the only experienced rappeller. |
 |
| I was so scared at first. You have to jump off backwards. The first waterfall was 165 ft. |
 |
| As soon as I started I loved it. Compared to the other waterfalls that we would do later on the trip, these were pretty flat and allowed for more jumping. |
 |
| Deric went after me. I went first, because I was pretty scared initially. |
 |
| On the first fall, we really didn't get that wet. Although this was the largest fall we would rappell from, it was one of the easier ones. Later we would do some that would be directly in the water, making it more difficult to see. |
 |
| Kathy went next! Rapelling is different than ziplining in that you have the control. You choose how fast you go and when you will jump and stop. |
 |
| Sara didn't love this, but you couldn't tell. I watched her from the bottom on the first one and she was really good at it. |
 |
| Sara almost at the bottom. |
 |
| Skip |
 |
| Deric on the next one. |
 |
| This one was smaller, but rockier, wetter and a little more slippery. |
 |
| Sara jumping |
 |
| Me jumping |
 |
| I was so surprised at how much I loved this. Deric and I loved it so much that we did it again in Monteverde. It was much harder there, so I'm glad that we did it in Arenal first. |
 |
| We did a total of 4 on this excursion. |
 |
| I loved this so much! |
 |
| The next morning we took a bus ride to a boat which was followed by another bus ride to get to Monteverde. There are not many paved roads in Costa Rica. Bus rides were difficult as many times they were 1, 2 or even 3 hours. It was all worth it though, knowing that we were on our way to another adventure. |
No comments:
Post a Comment