Thursday, June 7, 2012

11 Month Post/Cort is Walking

Today is such a special day because it is Deric's birthday AND...Cort took his first steps. He took 3 steps twice to be exact! His eating, on the other hand, is a bit delayed. I have to admit that I am finally starting to worry about this. He STILL will not pick up ANY food and put it into his mouth. What I'm about to say is going to sound ridiculous but it is 100% true. He will not eat anything unless it is on an spoon or fork. For several people, it took seeing this to believe it. He will scream and shout for something he likes. I can put it in front of him on his tray or table. He will touch it and throw it. I can pick it up while he is looking and as soon as I get anywhere near his mouth he closes his lips tight as can be and turns his head. He will continue to scream for the food. I can then pick it up in front of him and put it on a fork and then he opens wide! He is also very picky. He can eat something like mango for breakfast and have you thinking it is his new favorite, only to act disgusted at the idea of eating it for lunch. I'm not sure what to do about this, but as our doctor said, he is a very big boy. He is certainly thriving and so for now we will just be patient! In terms of personality, Cort is very smiley, but he also gets a lot more frustrated than Nolan ever did at this age. Our sweet Cort will clench his fists, grit his teeth and scream until his face is red. Nolan and I always joke that he is our little Jack Jack. He almost seems as if he will burst into flames just like Jack Jack in "The Incredibles"! Cort loves to be outside and loves to swim and play at his water table. He now has 3 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom. He has started chewing on the side of his crib, something we never experienced with Nolan. We bought a crib guard but not before the entire front of the crib was filled with tiny teeth marks! He is a great sleeper at night. Thank goodness both boys give us a full 12 hours from 8-8 every night. Unlike his brother, Cort isn't consistently sleepy during the day. Some days I get all three naps from him and other days he only takes the afternoon nap. We are already starting the Big Birthday plans and we are all excited that our little Cort will soon be 1!

1 comment:

sarahalexander said...

He's getting soo big! Can't wait to celebrate his bday with you guys!

Miss you!