Thursday, June 14, 2012

Costa Rica Here We Come!!


Deric and I are heading off to Costa Rica. I have had so many mixed feelings lately about leaving the boys. One minute I feel like I'm going to cry and start thinking about calling my family and cancelling. Then other moments I can't wait to get a much needed break! Nolan has entered the terrible threes. It's terrible for him, terrible for Cort and terrible for me. Everything has become a battle and we have missed out on so many fun things. We have had to leave the library before getting books, we have had to leave playgroup, we have missed having lunch at the park and we have even made a couple u-turns in the car on the way to fun outings. I am trying my hardest to remain calm and consistent. My patience is almost completely gone. I think this trip may have come at the perfect time. These are the things I cannot wait for:
 spending time with family
 talking to my sisters in person without interruption
talking
 sitting
 relaxing
 swimming
 waterfall rappelling
 white water rafting
 zip lining
 eating dinner without getting up and down a zillion times
 not a bit of crying-hopefully!
 hearing Deric talk uninterrupted
 not cooking
 not cleaning
getting ready without rushing
 But....I will miss these two terribly; tantrums, yelling, timeouts, crying and all!
Good shot of the bottom teeth!

Chicken Little

Trying on some new costumes from Brooks!!
Thank you Dennis and Cynthia for watching our boys!!

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

You will have a fabulous time! I cannot wait to hear all the great things you did. Mom and dad deserve relaxation! You are inspiring me!

Mindi Tipps said...

I'm so glad you're getting away and I can't wait to hear about it.

Hang in there, friend, with the tantrums. I've seen you in action with your boys and you are wonderful, loving, and patient.